16 October 2007

Getting Kicked when your Down.

My beautiful 8 yr old daughter was assaulted by 4 boys her own age whilst on a play date at her friend's house last week. It appears her friend's brother has been bullying my daughter for some time now..... insidious and subtle, and I was not aware. And it culminated in an assault upon her.

'Let's get her' were the words spoken... she was taken down, jumped on, kicked, hit with a sweeping brush.... and a rock was raised... thank God something stopped that rock from being thrown.

She returned to me damaged.... the physical injuries were slight, nothing beyond bruising..... but the emotional hurt was and still is visible in her eyes... and it pains me greatly that I was not there to save her.

Four boys and not one of them thought 'no... this is wrong... stop!'

I have not the words to express my pain, confusion, fear, anger...

2 comments:

Nic said...

I am truely shocked that such a thing would happen. I'm really angry to hear about it. I hope you got a proper reponse from the parents of the children involved.

Most of all I hope your daughter can start to forget about it, knowing that her Mum is her great champion!

blueadt said...

That's awful! Sending her gentle hugs & Airedale pokes.....