06 September 2007

Legs like Jelly!

Apparently muscle has a 6 week memory.... and after a summer of laziness.... my muscles have certainly forgotten how to work painlessly.
I hit the gym bright and early on Monday morning and jumped with glee into a class focussed on the Upper Body....
On Wednesday morning... thinking I was clever, I decided to tackle a class focussed on the Lower Body..... AND followed it up with a Spinning class!
My over-eagerness has left me pretty sore and stiff today!! Put it this way... I am finding it difficult to get up from the sofa, get out of the car, and to even get dressed. Of course, I should have expected it, after all I've been at this workout game since I was 13.
Then of course this morning... I dropped into the gym to sample a new class called 'Bouldering'... I was kinda doubting I'd be able for it but I was keen to give it a go. I'm a sucker for pushing myself beyond my limits.
and Ohmigod........ I found myself in a class with 2 gorgeous lithe Aussie blokes who were experienced rock climbers! I could feel their smirks as I attempted to shift my butt across the rock wall.... They made it look all so easy as they scampered across it with their long arms & legs & cute butts!!
My hands are aching... not a good thing for a knitter. I may have to rethink the whole 'Bouldering' thing! Really... at 40 yrs of age do I really need it?

No comments: