12 September 2007

Touch of Autumn

Wow.. Have I had a busy week since I last chatted with y'all!
First of all, on the weekend, I took a trip cross country to visit my folks. Let me tell you, my mom is a chronic depressive! Yikes.... I need not tell you, the weekend was physically and emotionally gruelling! God love my poor dad, who takes such good care of her. He truly has the patience of a saint and loves her solidly. If only she could see it and appreciate it.
It was such a lovely relief to escape that negative place and return back home, and to allow myself fall back into my exercise and knitting. It is truly my therapy!
So on Monday morning, I launched myself back into the gym, with an intense Upper Body workout. Tuesday, I found myself stumbling through a Step Class. Wow... how uncoordinated was I?? And today.... a tough Lower Body workout followed by Spinning. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.
After nearly two weeks back to training, I am still suffering the DOMS. I am expecting that to change by the end of next week, .... I am expecting a little more muscle definition and a lot less muscle stiffness. It would be a treat to see some pounds melting away too.... (I would love to lose about 7lbs before Christmas). However, that is not a priority... I CAN live with 7lbs. I am quite comfortable in my 'softer' body.

There is definitely a noticeable touch of autumn in the air. Just that hint of a chill, enough to draw the knitting out. I am nearly finished my Affric wrap (Rowan magazine 42). I substituted Wool Cotton with a beautiful claret red Felted Tweed. I expect to finish it tonight, and when I do, I will get a photo uploaded. Beyond that, I've purchased a few new knitting books /magazines in the last few days and can't wait to get started on a few new projects.... Interweave Felt, Knitscene, the pattern for Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl, the pattern for Tink-kniT Felted Purls, the new Rowan Kidsilk Aura design collection, and Mags Kandis new book Folkstyle!!! From that collection, I have no shortage of possible new projects... the most difficult decision is which do I start first!! My Purple Felted Tweed is shouting at me to get on the needles. It wants to wrap itself around my shoulders! Just what I need for that chilly touch of autumn!

Knitty-Oh!

No comments: